Personalized Annual Wellness Exams
Regardless of age, visiting a primary care doctor at least once a year can have a significant impact on your overall health and greatly improve your chances of diagnosing serious conditions early. The concierge practice membership fee covers a routine annual wellness or physical exam regardless of condition, unlike plan-funded or Medicare exams that can only be delivered and covered if provably medically necessary. Your NTPHP doctor will discuss health screenings that are appropriate for you based on your age, health conditions, and other risks such as family history of heart problems.
THERE ARE A NUMBER OF STANDARD TESTS THAT ARE TYPICALLY PART OF OUR ANNUAL PERSONALIZED ANNUAL WELLNESS EXAM:
- A review of your current medical concerns;
- An update of any family or social history that may impact your health;
- A comprehensive physical exam, including blood pressure assessment;
- Laboratory testing, including cholesterol panel and blood sugar; and
- A review of any additional recommended tests such as mammogram and colonoscopy.
WOMEN SHOULD ALSO HAVE THE FOLLOWING SCREENINGS:
- Pelvic exams;
- Breast exams;
- Pap smears, for early detection of cervical cancer; and
- HPV (genital human papillomavirus) screenings.
After the age of 40, men should consider annual prostate and colorectal exams for early detection of cancer.
At your Personalized Annual Wellness Exam we will review your vaccination status. These are some important vaccines for adults that you may need:
- Td or TDap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis);
- Pneumovax and Prevnar 13;
- Hepatitis A & B;
- Chicken Pox;
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella); and
- Travel vaccines – typhoid, yellow fever.
The goal of preventative medicine is to stop certain medical conditions from occurring, and to identify serious issues early on so that treating them can be more effective. The Personalized Annual Wellness Exam is a large part of this. Your doctor may discuss diet and exercise recommendations as part of your wellness plan. Visiting your doctor at least once a year is essential to staying healthy. To join our concierge practice and schedule an examination for you or your family, please call or contact us online.
Internal medicine physicians apply scientific knowledge and clinical expertise to the diagnosis, treatment, and compassionate care of adults across the spectrum from health to complex illness.
Simply put, internal medicine is concerned with diagnosing, preventing, and treating illness and disease in adults. Internists differ from family physicians in that they focus solely on adult patients. The American College of Physicians, the largest society of internists in the world, has the following information and more regarding Internal Medicine.